Friday 28 October 2016

Chanel Rouge Allure Ink 140, 142, 148, 154 | Review & Swatches

When I first heard that Chanel was going to release a liquid lipstick collection, I wasn't interested at all, to be honest I hated liquid lipsticks! They are always so drying on the lips, I tried so many different formulas, but they just disappoint me every single time!!



It all happened when I went into my local Chanel counter to check the Le Rouge palette as I was on the waiting list, of course it was still out of stock, but instead they just had these delivered, the lady was kind enough to open the delivery and let me have a good play with them, and that's it, I instantly fell in love with them!

And here we are, I have 4 shades to share with you guys:

140 AMOUREUX -  pinky nude, prefect MLBB shade

142 CREATIF - fresh rose petal pink

148 LIBERE - bright warm red with a little orange undertone

154 EXPERIMENTE - deep red, my favourite!

This collection has 8 shades, retail for £26 each.

Chanel Rouge Allure Ink 140, 142, 148, 154 in natural lighting 

Rouge Allure Ink 140, 142, 148, 154 after blotting in natural lighting 


The packaging is stunning, frosty glass bottle, black with gold "CC" logo lid, it feels heavy and luxurious.



The application is quite slippery, some people find they always end up overdrawing their lips, but I find it easier to use the tip of the applicator to draw your lip line, then use the flat side to pack on the colour, I find lighter shades (140 and 142) require a second layer, but no problem with darker shades, such as 148 and 154.

The formula appears quite glossy initially, but after 4-5 mins I just smack my lips together gently, they matte down perfectly, it is extremely lightweight and comfortable on the lips, once it has dried down, it appears to have minimal transfer, kiss proof, no mark leaves on white mug neither. Reapplies really well, no weird texture problem, no streaky mark, no dryness.

Here's a picture of me wearing 148:

Rouge Allure Ink 148 

After 2 weeks of wearing them non stop, I have to say they have become my absolute favourite lip products. They caused no flaky lips, no dryness. If you are like me, didn't get along with the liquid lipstick trend, or can't find a lip product gentle enough on your sensitive lips, then you have to check these babies out! They are worth every penny in my opinion! Have you tried them yet? Do you love them as much as I do?

Thanks for reading. Until next time! x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. 148 looks absolutely stunning on your gorgeous! Love the swatches and beautifully written review :)

    - Kelly (takaraboxx)

    ReplyDelete

© The Amber Addiction . All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig